Tuesday, May 25, 2010

(delhibirdpix) (2nd Shot) European Goldfinches!

Village Manhol, Jubbal, District Shimla, Himachal Pradesh.

Altitude 7600 ft

Date 12/05/10

Camera Sony DSC H50 + 1.7x Teleconverter

I saw these finches in the afternoon of 10th May when I was visiting the village with my kids to see the ancient temple of Mahsu Devta. At the edge of the village there were these wild purple flowers in bloom  on which these finches were feeding. Unfortunately I was not carrying my camera so decided to shoot them on the 12th. From the Orchard (where I was staying) to the village it was a trek of almost 4 kms and I was there at about 7:30 am. During this time there was a lot of activity in the village. The meadow where these flowers were(at the edge of the village), the cattle were grazing. Fortunately, by 9:30 the activities ceased the cattle returned home and then by 10 am these finches started to come down on the flowers to feed. By God I was pretty excited and shot these goldfinches to my heart content.


best wishes;

Abhishek Varma



-
View my avian shots at-
The Five Principles

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "delhibirdpix" group.
To post to this group, send email to delhibirdpix@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to delhibirdpix+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/delhibirdpix?hl=en.

No comments: