Sunday, May 9, 2010

(delhibirdpix) Striated Swallow

9th May 2010 at Changlang, Arunachal Pradesh.

 

Seeing a warm and sunny Saturday, I decided to make a dash and back trip to Changlang in Eastern Arunachal Pradesh today. The route is via Digboi and Margherita. The Arunachal- Assam border is roughly 2 hours from my place so it can easily be done in a day. The route I followed was to the District HQ- Changlang.

 

Unfortunately it rained cats and dogs the whole time and the few photos that I could manage were taken from inside the vehicle. If any members know of a reliable weather forecasting website, I shall be grateful for the link.

 

Bird activity too was low. However, in my humble opinion, this route has tremendous potential for birding because population density is low, forest cover is good and I could not see any poachers around (that could also be due to the torrential rain). I hope some experts will soon survey the area. The negative points are that small tea estates are coming up on the slopes and there appears to be some presence of militant groups.

 

Raj

 

No comments: