Friday, June 11, 2010

(delhibirdpix) Fwd: State at Sultanpur Bird Sanctuary

Hi Folks,

I am forwarding the letter and the images received this morning from Mr. Singh.

It is bit late in the day now but yet time to get together for some action again.   

I have not gone inside the park since April 10, 2010 but but wish I had.

Mr. Koshy, Sir, need your help to find what happened to the water that was agreed to be allocated to the Park.

Do we all concerned meet ?


Anand Arya
353, Sector 15A
NOIDA 201301
INDIA
+ 91 98182 61909





Begin forwarded message:

From: Ajit Pal Singh <ajitphotography@yahoo.com>
Date: 11 June 2010 9:51:42 PM GMT+05:30
Subject: State at Sultanpur Bird Sanctuary


Dear Mr. Anand,

I am not sure if you would remember me, but we have met a couple of times at the Sultanpur Bird sanctuary.

I just like to share with you that during my recent visit to Sultanpur Bird sanctuary couple of days back, I was shocked to see the state of the marsh. There is almost no water left and hundreds of fish are dying in the open dry sun baked land. I understand that this is the dry season and the marsh dries up naturally but the park officials usually top up some water using tubewells or canal water to save the fish. But this time none of this was practised. I saw dead fish weighing more than 10kgs and about 3feet in length scattered all over the place. All that is left is a small mud pool were the last remaining fish are struggling to survive. I am not sure rain will be coming for their rescue soon. 

I had visited the park exactly the same time in June 2008 and there was no dead fish and still reasonable amount of marsh water, this time the story was quite different.

Do you think the SEZ construction and development  taking place around the park is taking up all the canal water and leaving nothing for the park?
In your opinion do you think anything can be done to save the remaining fish?

I have attached a few photos of the park.
Thanks for your time!
 
Regards,
Ajit Pal Singh
http://www.photographybyajit.com/


No comments: