Tuesday, July 6, 2010

[BirdPhotoIndia] My roof-top story.

Hi,
For the past few weeks I have posted a number of images in this forum - most are photographed from the roof-top of my residence at Jalpaiguri.The encuraging words from many of tetyhe members kept me going and I took the risk of posting almost all the shots taken from the roof-top.The variety of birds surprised many and they often asked me how such variety is produced from a single roof-top.I think I owe an explanation to them.
 My residence,though in the middle of the town,is bounded by river Karala in one side and a dense tree growth in other.This area has been developed for residensial purpose only 6-7 years back,before which it was place full of strubs and trees - an ideal place for birds.Though many houses now come up,there are still some trees are left.On the top of that,a waterbody is located in our locality.The trees on the rear side of my residence fall within the campus of Jalpaiguri P.T.T.I.But one of the trees here stands out special which fruits in this time.These fruits (called 'Dauwa' in Bengali) are a source of attrection for many of the birds.Most of the birds I photographed from my roof-top was lured by these fruits.Now the fruits,along with the birds are no more seen.Any way,this was my most 'fruitful' summer vacation (I am a school teacher) I ever had.I think, there are still some bird habitant such as this are left at Jalpaiguri town.
 I wish to thank all those, who patiently viewed all those images.Though I once submitted a checklist of birds around my residence at Bengle Bird,I am enclosing an updated are once again. A view from my roof-top is also being enclosed.
 # Checklist - Jungle Babbler,Blue-throated Barbet,Coppersmith Barbet,Red-vented Bulbul,Red-whiskered Bulbul,House Crow,Large-billed Crow,Asian Koel,Common Hawk Cuckoo,Spoted Dove,Black Drongo,Little Egret,Cattle Egret,White-throated Fantail,Black-Rumped Flameback,Fulvous-breasted Woodpecker,Indian Grey Hornbill,Common Iora,White-throated Kingfisher,Stork-billed Kingfisher,Scaly-breasted Munia,Black-hooded Oriole,Alexandrine Parakeet,Rose-ringed Parakeet,Yellow-footed Green Pigeon,Oriental Magpie Robin,Brown Shrike,House Sparrow,Chestnut-tailed Starling,Purple Sunbird,House Swift,Common Tailorbird,white-naped Tit,Rufous Treepie,White-breasted Waterhen,Lesser Whistling Duck,common Myna,Jungle Myna,Pied Starling,Black Kite,Pond Heron,Oriental turtle Dove,Pied Cuckoo,Spotted Owlet,shikra,Red-throated Flycatcher,Collared Scops Owl,oriental White-eye,Brown Hawk Owl,Asian Paradise Flycatcher.
 
Regards,
Debasis Nandy,Jalpaiguri.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Bird Photography India" group.
To post to this group, send email to birdphotoindia@googlegroups.com

No comments: