Monday, July 26, 2010

(delhibirdpix) A new visitor to my terrace garden

Dear all,
 
Yesterday morning, as I stepped into my terrace, I found a very nervous peahen (probably a juv) escape to the back of my terrace. It hid behind my plants for a while and emerged only to fly away to the neighbour's terrace across the service lane. This morning too I was alerted by car cleaners downstairs that there was a peacock on my terrace. Despite my stealth, I managed only one partial shot before it flew off. This is the first time in a decade of living in this house that I have found a peacock in the neighbourhood.
I wish I was Kalidasa to capture the beautiful cloudy morning and a peacock in my garden in a poem!
 
Best,
Sushmita Jha

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "delhibirdpix" group.
To post to this group, send email to delhibirdpix@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to delhibirdpix+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/delhibirdpix?hl=en.

No comments: