Monday, November 8, 2010

[BirdPhotoIndia] Bethuadahari Birds-3

Hi
There are many forest trails in Bethuadahari sanctuary...that branch
off from the main track. One morning while following a pair of Ioras,
I started walking along one of these forest trails, and reached the
dense part of the forest. The trail was bordered by lush thickets and
tall trees....soon i realised that i had lost my way.
I cudnt figure out which path wud lead to the gate of the park.. And
tourists generally dont venture to these areas of the park. I was very
much tensed..and was sweating profusely even in that cool morning.
Suddenly i discovered a small pond in the middle of the dense forest.
It was covered with floating duck weed..and appeared competely green.
There were many trees growing in the water....somewhat like Periyar
lake of Kerala.
Oh!.. what a lovely sight....i sat on the bank of the pond, and
noticed that a Grey Wagtail was preening on rotten log. Silently i
entered the forest.... and approached closer to the bird..and tried to
hide behind the bushes. The bird didnt seem to notice me....
then i took few snaps of the wagtail from close range. Sharing one of
those snaps.

I took me a long time to come out of the forest-maze of
Bethuadahari....that trails are really confusing. A forest guard
helped me to reach the gate...

Regards
Shantanu.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Bird Photography India" group.
To post to this group, send email to birdphotoindia@googlegroups.com

No comments: