Tuesday, May 24, 2011

[BirdPhotoIndia] Another Record Shot

Hi,
    I am very sorry about my poor images but I just want to share this story.
Again it was the same story...bad weather...dying afternoon light etc. So my guide,Mr.Negi thought it fruitless to venture much. I agreed with him and sat down on a rock and started chatting about the birders who had visited that place and about their experiences. After a while, I thought I must explore the trail further just to have a feel of the place but did not expect much. Then, suddenly I noticed a Great Barbet on an overhanging branch of a tree. Knowing very well that the result would not be satisfactory at all,I lifted my camera and started to take some shots of it. All of a sudden, another Great Barbet ( from the thinner built and smaller bill,I guessed it to be a female)  flew to it and started to put something it its mouth. I tried to capture that moment but a branch obstacled the full view.I know that in the breeding period, many birds feed its mate but usually males do that. In this case ,I was not too sure but it looked like a female feeding a male! Could it be a mother feeding its overgrown child ? The female had a mouthful and pushed the food many times into the mouth of another.Then, the larger bird left.
Shot at Kakragad,India on 9th April'11.
Thanks,
Maitreyee 

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Bird Photography India" group.

No comments: