Monday, May 23, 2011

[BirdPhotoIndia] Small Niltava

Hi,
     A Small Niltava (f) (520ch) shot on 9th April and again when it (?) came to take bath in the evening on 12th April.
I went to this spot both in the evening on 12th (5P.M to 6 :20 P.M) and in the early morning ( from 6 A.M. to 11A.M)  next day and it seemed birds love to take cool baths in the evening ( before going to rest for the night )much more than to drink/take bath in the sunny morning! I saw only a few species in the morning like Grey Wagtail, Himalayan Bulbul, White-capped Water Redstart, Verditer Fc ( there was a solitary Siberian Rubythroat though) etc but in only one hour, in the previous evening there were long queues of different types of birds like Spotted Forktail,White-rumped Munia,Tits (Black-lored,Great,Green-backed), Bulbuls(Himalayan, Black), Spot-winged Starling (m & f ), Chestnut-crowned Laughingthrush (m & f),Grey-hooded Warbler,Small Niltava (m & f), Whiskered Yuhina,Russet Sparrow,Grey Bushchat, White-throated Fantail, Redstarts (White-capped and Plumbeous), Asian Paradise Fc (m & f), Siberian/White-tailed Rubythroat etc.Since the day (12th) was cloudy with occassional rain etc and much of our day was wasted and we were quite tired too, my friend did not want to venture over the risky, wet, boulder strewn path ( at one point we had to cross loose rubble and ash covering a narrow but high wall, dumped at 45 degree angle and that one or two steps on that wall was really a nightmare to me! )  when the light became already poor but as we would be leaving the next morning around noon, I wanted to gamble for the last time. I had no idea that it would be so rewarding! Though the light was very very poor and I do not possess any flash,I could not take photographs worth showing but I was thrilled to see so many birds in that single hour! I even had a lifer..the Spot-winged Starling! Not only that, I observed funny behavioural streaks in them too ( like Verditer Flycatcher was the bravest among them) :-)  It was really a memorable ending of that day! When I was about to leave I tried to take the last image, an apparition of a male Small Niltava ( On 12th April at 6:16 P.M) ! All the shots were taken at Kakragad,Uttarakhand,India.
Regards,
Maitreyee      

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Bird Photography India" group.

No comments: