Thursday, May 19, 2011

[BirdPhotoIndia] White-throated Dipper

I found Brown Dipper several times in Sikkim, This time while going to North Sikkim I told to Biswapriya that I will be happy to see the other Dipper - White-throated in this tour....

Because of the poor road condition & on the way birding, we arrived late in the check post, the army permitted us to proceed towards Gurudogmar lake on the condition that we will come back without any delay..... After reaching the spot I climbed down on the lake side to take a look of the water stream goes out from the lake. First I noticed the Robin Accentor, Then I saw the Brown Dipper in the stream. While busy in taking the shot of the dipper, suddenly I saw another Dipper, a few meters behind it, I rushed towards the down stream and found my dream bird of this trip - White-throated Dipper. 

Place - Gurudogmar Lake, North Sikkim
Date- 09.05.2011
Camera: Panasonic FZ-50

Regards

Mousumi Dutta
Jalpaiguri
www.jalpaiguribirds.com

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Bird Photography India" group.

No comments: