Friday, April 30, 2010

[BirdPhotoIndia] A Dream Bird

Hi,
     Entered CKBS early in the morning, yesterday. After taking a shot of a pair of drongos near the office , decided to take the first left hand lane. The morning was very pleasant and after those showers of last few days, the trees and shrubs looked greener. I was looking at a cluster of red and black flowers at a low bush at the road side and was thinking of taking a picture of them but a faint sound of a nimble-footed someone attracted my attention . I looked up and saw an Indian Pitta,my dream bird, was hastily retreating under the thick undergrowth.At first, I could not believe my eyes but its 'kajal' drawn eyes were unmistakable!  I do not know why it chose a lower branch then and hopped on it.It was all the better for me as I was having a better view of it then. For a moment or two, I was completely nervous and in two minds.I was thinking,which one will be better, to try to take a shot or just to have a long look at it?It looked so beautiful, as if, it came straight out of a painter's canvas and was placed in that magical garden! Though there were many creepers and thin branches swaying in the wind in between us making shots difficult , sometimes I could see it clearly.
I want to share with you my happiness of sighting it and so I am posting whatever shots I could manage.
Good Day!
Maitreyee
 

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Bird Photography India" group.
To post to this group, send email to birdphotoindia@googlegroups.com

No comments: