Monday, April 5, 2010

(delhibirdpix) Blue-capped Rockthrush

Hi
It was late morning...the heat was unbearable. I was trying to take snaps of a pair of White-browed Bulbuls in the dense forests near Kopai river, when this lovely blue n chestnut bird caught my attention.
It played hide n seek with me for a few minutes and then finally i took these snaps.
I couldnt figure out what bird it was.....but I was sure it belonged to the thrush family.
 Unfortunately I didnt carry any bird-book to identify the bird. But I was certain it was something which I had not seen before.
I returned to Kolkata with all my  excitement and was thrilled to find that I shot the pic of a Blue-capped Rock thrush.
Please note the blue head cap and throat, Black band surrounding eye and the prominent white wing patch.
 
I would like to know whether its likely to get this bird in the forests of Birbhum or it is a passage migrant.
regards
Shantanu.
 


Your Mail works best with the New Yahoo Optimized IE8. Get it NOW!.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "delhibirdpix" group.
To post to this group, send email to delhibirdpix@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to delhibirdpix+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/delhibirdpix?hl=en.

No comments: