Sunday, October 24, 2010

[BirdPhotoIndia] Chestnut-capped Babbler

Aperture: F/6.3
Shutter Speed: 1/500s
Exposure Mode: Aperture Priority
Exposure Comp.: 0EV
Metering: Spot
ISO: 200
Handheld
Image cropped, resized and sharpened.

This is one of my favourite species. Usually they are absolute skulkers and
can be more heard than seen as they
move around in the undergrowth. Their habitat are long grasses usually near
water. Yesterday was a sunny day after 7-8 days of rain and I guess they,
along with me, took the opportunity to enjoy it. I was lucky enough to bump
into a foraging party of 6-7 birds some of which were sub-adults. Busy
feeding and enjoying the sun they gave some rare clear views so I could some
decent shots in.

This particular bird is in an upright position as it is feeding some insects
(?) on the rolled up dried leaf that can be seen in the photo. Usually this
bird is seen in a horizontal position with the head tilted towards the
ground as it dives for cover. So I was lucky to get this pose. There are
two-three more photos which I will post later. Members must bear with me as
I bore them with my favourite species.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Bird Photography India" group.
To post to this group, send email to birdphotoindia@googlegroups.com

No comments: