Thursday, October 28, 2010

[BirdPhotoIndia] Lonkapara Birds-2

Hi
Just returned from a lovely tour to the hills and forests of
Buxa-Chilapata-Jaldapara with my colleagues- Miss.Ruma Chakraborty and
her cousin Indraneel, and computer teacher Mr.Joy Goswami and his wife
Mrs.Shampa Goswami.
After the adventurous hill-treks in Buxa hills, and the exciting
elephant ride and jeep-safari at Jaldapara WLS, my colleagues decided
to visit Phuntusholing town.
I was not willing to go with them, as i had been to this city twice.
So I decided to go for birding in the Lonkapara forests (Trauly line),
along the banks of the mighty Torsa river. It is a reserve forest area
of Jaldapara Wildlife Sanctuary.I hired a birdwatching guide from
Madarihat town, and we drove to the
lovely Lonkapara Reserve forest after taking the permit from the
nearby forest office. Mr.Saha, the Manager of my resort helped me a
lot in this matter.

This Gold-fronted Leafbird was one of the common denizens of this forest.
regards
Shantanu : )

Shantanu Bhattacharya.
M.Sc (Zoology)
University of Calcutta.
Teaching Faculty.
Dept. of Biology.
Vivekananda Mission School(ICSE).
Joka. Kolkata.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Bird Photography India" group.
To post to this group, send email to birdphotoindia@googlegroups.com

No comments: