Tuesday, November 30, 2010

[BirdPhotoIndia] 70+ Great Knots Together!!

On date 5/1/2010 me my friend Dr. Maulik Varu & Kapilsinh Zala went for birding at the saltpan areas near Jamangar (Gujarat). While watching through binoculars we saw about 70 unidentified waders along with 300+ bar-tailed godwits, 100+ oystercatchers & 200+ crab plovers. We tried going near them but they were very sensitive. I had my camera so I crawled towards them for very long & managed to get some images. After coming home with great surprise we identified the birds as Great Knots. My papa had visited the place just the day before we went there (on 4th Jan 2010). I went through his photos & found a very huge group of same birds in flight! We didn't notice the image before & the group was mixed with Bar-tailed Godwits so we over looked it. It was an amazing experience. Thought of sharing it with you all before my exams.... :)

Happy Birding!

-Vatsal

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Bird Photography India" group.
To post to this group, send email to birdphotoindia@googlegroups.com

No comments: