Wednesday, November 17, 2010

[BirdPhotoIndia] juv. Mountain Chiffchaff

When I started photographing birds I always wondered how would i ever get small birds to fill the frames. Over the years I realised that it was just a function of how much time you spend in the wild, luck or sheer pity on the part of the bird. Have had a share of all the above to the point that the bird just comes within the minimum focus distance and you cant shoot anymore.
Don't know in which to slot this particular experience. I was sitting on a path between two bushes where the parent and the juvenile Mountain Chiffchaff (Phylloscopus sindianus) were flitting, they kept getting closer and I kept leaning back to keep them out of MFD. This was one of the last images before I gave up, and rested the lens. The juvenile pictured here decided to reward me by hopping onto my knee, where it stayed looking at me and calling until the parent came with the next morsel.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Bird Photography India" group.
To post to this group, send email to birdphotoindia@googlegroups.com

No comments: