Thursday, November 18, 2010

(delhibirdpix) Sky Full of Black-Tailed Godwits

Black-Tailed Godwits are indeed making repeated visits to Dadri
Wetlands worth-while.
Perhaps the largest population amongst all the species present there.
And, displaying all their flying skills every time a raptor passes by
or there is a disturbance of any sort.

This image is a full frame and there were many more outside the frame.

What is the number ? Put some grids on the image and tried to do some
'estimates' - could be anywhere between 3-4000 Birds. (Caveat: I am
not known to count correctly beyond 27. But, that is another story)

But were I a Consultant with one of the Big International Five rather
than a free-lance, then I would have an accurate estimate and that
brings me to a 'Consultant Joke' (Being one myself, I feel pretty
comfortable telling). Does any one want the 'Consultant - Sheep
Joke' ?

Well, I do not know how to estimate the number of birds in the
image. Can any one 'Consult' ?

Cheers.


Anand Arya
353, Sector 15A
NOIDA 201301
INDIA
+ 91 98182 61909
www.anandarya.com
www.okhlabirdpark.com
"This is a copyrighted image. Not to be used for any purpose without
prior permission."
Canon 1DsM3 + 100-400mm

No comments: