Saturday, July 30, 2011

(delhibirdpix) Rajarhat birds-1

Hi
Today morning atlast I visited the wetlands of Rajarhat in Kolkata. The main purpose was spot the Pheasant-tailed Jacanas and the Ashy-crowned Finch larks...which were in my wishlist for a long time.
Luckily I got both the birds within my one hour birding time.
I reached the exact location around 8a.m, ....asking my birding friends. The heat was intense even in the morning. So i cudnt stay at the spot for long.
Large flocks of the Ashy-crowned Finch larks were found flying here n there in the open fields. Sharing two shots of male bird.
Its  a Lifer for me. Wud share pics of the female very soon.
My special thanks to Soma Jha and Arka Sarkar for giving me the directions to reach these wetlands.
 
 
regards
Shantanu.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "delhibirdpix" group.
To post to this group, send email to delhibirdpix@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to delhibirdpix+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/delhibirdpix?hl=en.

No comments: