Sunday, January 22, 2012

(delhibirdpix) Lark id please - Sultanpur Flats Archive Shot

Hi

The bone-cold winter Delhi mornings tend to turn the weak-willed like
me into an armchair birders, and digging into archive shots while
sipping that hot cup of coffee seems like the next best thing to going
out.

I shot this one almost two years back at Sultanpur Flats.
Unfortunately, these back shots are all I have - no front shots or
side-shots.

I was thinking Bimaculated or greater short-toed, but the lack of
side-shots makes it very difficult to pinpoint clinching id features
as present in the field guides.

Well, not sure that I would have fared better with those angles being
available, but at least I tried ;-)

Could the experts kindly help?

Regards

Amitava Misra

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "delhibirdpix" group.
To post to this group, send email to delhibirdpix@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to delhibirdpix+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/delhibirdpix?hl=en.

No comments: