Sunday, June 1, 2014

[BirdPhotoIndia] Red Faced Liocichla - sighted at Kolakham

Red Faced Liocichla. Sighted at Kolakham, North of West Bengal, on 30 May, 2014.
I was birding in a dense forest which was 7 km away from upper Kolakham. It was a clear sunny morning.

There was no sign of human-habitat in the forest. I was clicking Black-Throated Tit. Suddenly, I felt a
bird-movement in a near by bush at my right side. Without changing my location, I turned my shoulder
- a pair of L.thrush-like birds in a dark and dense bush. I switched on my flash-gun which was already
attached with my camera, knelt down and clicked. The pair gave me two seconds only. As shutter was set
at 'Hi-Continuous' mode, I managed to click only three times. Few seconds later, when I displayed the image
in the camera-screen, I realised- I got Red Faced Liocichla - a rarely seen bird.
 
 
With Best Wishes-
 
Sujit K. Das

No comments: