Friday, August 29, 2014

(delhibirdpix) A Long-cherished Dream finally fulfilled---

Hi,
sharing the shot of one of my favourite birds. I searched for it in the hills of Tunganath-Chopta two years back in vain. I was very eager to get this bird during my Sikkim trip. I visited Hilley- a place located at an altitude of abt 9000feet and decided to stay there for a week. I had no idea about the area and its birds. One of my fellow birder friends had visited Hilley and got some nice birds. So i asked her about the birdlife of Hilley, as i wud be visiting alone, but she didnt even bother to reply. Its disheartening to find that some people are really selfish, and they just run for fame.
I was very much hurt, as I shared good terms with that person and didnt expect this kind of behaviour. But i didnt lose my confidence and fortunately I got really close shots of different birds in the entire Sikkim-Lava trip- some of which I didnt even expect. 

 I m more than happy, as I got most of these birds without the help of any "bird-guide". This particular bird was high on my wishlist, and i cudnt  get a single glimpse of this species - even after waiting for two consecutive days at the probable site. I lost all hope of getting the bird. On the third day, just a single bird arrived, it came very close to me  - as if to give me the shots i was longing for....and once i had taken the shots, it vanished into the forest. The whole incident seemed very surprising and divine to me...and the bird was not spotted again during the next few days of my stay. I get goose-bumps whenever i think about this lovely birding moment.

Spotted Laughingthrush
Location: Hilley. Sikkim.
May-2014
Canon 60D

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "delhibirdpix" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to delhibirdpix+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to delhibirdpix@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/delhibirdpix.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments: