Sunday, August 31, 2014

(delhibirdpix) That Elusive Skulker

One of the most elusive of our Laughingthrushes, that i got after waiting for more than an hour on a hill-slope at Hilley in West Sikkim. It was constantly calling from inside the bush. At first I thought it was the more common Chestnut-crowned, but once it peered through the thickets to reveal its identity, and I noticed those unmistakable scales. I made up my mind not to leave the spot without taking its shots. I tried to conceal myself behind a bush, and finally this secretive bird came out in the open- just within a few feet. I had just got a glimpse of this bird at Kyangnosla Alpine Sanctuary of Sikkim in Oct-2009, but cudnt take a single shot owing to its extremely shy nature. So i m considering the species as a Lifer.

Scaly Laughingthrush- a Lifer
Location: Hilley. Sikkim.
9000 feet altitude.
May-2014
Canon 60D

Shantanu.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "delhibirdpix" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to delhibirdpix+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to delhibirdpix@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/delhibirdpix.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments: