Tuesday, September 23, 2014

(delhibirdpix) Gold-naped Finch- male

Wish you all a Subho Mahalaya with the pic of My Dream Bird--

Gold-naped Finch- male

This bird was on my wishlist, but I didnt anticipate to get this beauty. Unexpectedly I got it on an open perch, while going from Okhray to Hilley in West Sikkim. ...that too on a bright sunny afternoon- when bird activity was quite low. I m really happy to get such a lovely Lifer. This shy bird flew away after giving me a single shot. It was really just like a dream come true. Strangely enough, I didnt see this bird again during the entire Himalayan trip.

Location: Okhray-Hilley Road.
West Sikkim. 9000 feet.
May-2014 Canon 60D
Sigma 150-500mm.


regards
Shantanu.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "delhibirdpix" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to delhibirdpix+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to delhibirdpix@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/delhibirdpix.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments: