Tuesday, September 30, 2014

(delhibirdpix) Jacobin's Cuckoo -A Happy Ending !

On 16th Sept. 2014 while returning after lunch suddenly something collided with my car’s bumper within JNU campus. I thought may be some stone ? I continued my drive as a student on Bike was just behind me .I drove nearly 100 meters but Biker stopped .I also stopped & looked from rear view mirror out of curiosity to know what went wrong. I saw a bird in stress on road which probably might have hit by my car’s bumper. I took U turn and reached to the spot and realized OMG ! it was a baby Pied Crested Cuckoo met with an  accident, and that too with my car ? it was in a traumatic shock and was gasping. I picked it and returned home with it. Gave water through dropper, examined for external injury. Kept it under observation in a cage in a well ventilated place .As usual I requested my wife and daughter to keep a watch on it and inform me in case of emergency. At 6.00 p.m. when I returned home ,bird  was out of shock and stress. I fed it meshed and water soaked beans( Protein Rich Diet) and took it’s indoor flight trial which it passed with flying colors. By evening it had started trusting me and was comfortable with me. I brought it out in open .It observed surroundings for 3-4 minutes and went to its own world. It was really a very happy ending .

Surya Prakash, Ph.D. ( Zoology),Member- BNHS, IBCN, WWF
Room # 219 C.C.I.F.
School of Life Sciences
Jawaharlal Nehru University
New Delhi 110067
INDIA
Phone (Work) 26704184

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "delhibirdpix" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to delhibirdpix+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to delhibirdpix@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/delhibirdpix.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments: